Wednesday, 1 September 1993

Selamat Hari Lahir


Dear Diary,

Nancy, France 1993

Sekeping kad ucapan 'Selamat Hari Lahir Yang ke 20" telah sedia menunggu tatkala kaki melangkah masuk ke bilik sewa. Hilang segala lelah dan dingin udara musim sejuk bandar Strasbourg. Masih ada yang ingat rupanya pada hari jadi seorang musafir yang jauh terpinggir ini.

Melihat gambar di kad tersebut sudah mampu menghadirkan sekuntum senyuman dibibir.
"Do you know that at your age now, you are starting to participate seriously in the global warming (with the number of candles on your cake)? Hehehe. You are the only person yang seronok sangat nak sambut birthday walaupun dah tua tua ni.

Oh ya. Perhaps you are wondering why I'm giving you this present for your birthday. Well, reason dia simple aje. I am giving you a lamp because it gives us light. I have known you for about two years and since then we have been friends. As a friend you have always given me encouragement. We have also shared enough laughter and tears together (bab laughter tu, rasanya lagi banyak dok ketawakan hana le. hehehe). One thing for sure, you do have the courage to say whatever comes to your mind.

Oh, kenapa lamp ni tak de bulb? Hehehe. Semua nya kiasan. A lamp is only an instrument, like the brain. A brain alone is not enough. It needs input and knowledge for it to work. I want you to find a way (like the missing bulb) to achieve whatever you want in this life.

Another question? Oh, why must it be a white lamp? Simple: I just don't want you to forget that I like the colour white. :)
Tapi sebab sebenar benarnya, I'm giving you this lamp is really to make you suffer as you would need to bring it with you when you move to Strasbourg. Hehehe..besar dan berat and you would have to go to "Unico" untuk beli bulb dia.


(Dah pergi Unico tu, tau tau lah beli barang makanan sekali. Muka dah pucat je dah sebab asyik lupa nak makan. :) Dah duduk sorang sorang, kena take care diri sendiri tu). Happy Birthday again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment